Twitter FaceBook
Special Offers!
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shall I change from denture to bridge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shall I change from denture to bridge

I have had a partial denture for about three years now but to tell you the truth I have never really got on with it. I find it to be more of a hinderance than a benefit. I would have got rid straight away but I wasn’t able to afford it at the time. Now I am a bit better off so its about time I did something about it. I want something that is more fixed so naturally I thought about aa dental bridge. I have never had one but I get the basic concept of them and I think this will be much better. I am fed up with taking it in and out. It’s a nuisance.

Hello,
    Thank you for your post.
    It is entirely up to you if you want to change from a denture to a bridge. Whilst some people have no issues with dentures, others find that they are uncomfortable and unmanageable. A dental bridge is attached to the neighbouring teeth and is fixed in place. You do not need to keep re-adhering a bridge like you do a denture. However, there is the possibility of damage to the other teeth and they may need a substantial amount of tooth structure drilling away. With this in mind, there is another option to consider. This is a dental implant. Bridges usually last around seven to fifteen years depending on what type of bridge you have and how well you care for it. Whereas with a dental implant these can last for a whole lifetime as they are integrated into the jawbone. This is something that you could have fitted and would potentially not need to have any more work done on it for many many years.
    Dental implant treatment in Kingston, London available 7 days a week. We also provide bone grafting, same day teeth and all on four dental implants.

Comment

Working...
    X