Twitter FaceBook
Special Offers!
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the mouth reject the implant?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the mouth reject the implant?

When I have investigated dental implants further it is very apparent that they are costly. I can afford to have the procedure but I am wondering what the chances of the body rejecting the implants? What I mean is could they end up being a total waste of money if they do not take to the mouth environment properly. I would be very upset if I lost all that money. I am a hard working person and have to save hard for things that I want to buy. I am nervous to go through it with how much it is going to be priced up at. Thanks for your help and all.

Hello,
    Thank you for your post.
    Dental implants have a very high success rate of around ninety-five percent. More often than not the treatment is a complete success and patients can enjoy their new teeth without issue. However, there are some cases where dental implants have failed. This is usually due to one or more of the following things:
    • The bone in the jaw is not strong enough.
    • The patient smokes during and after the implants are fitted.
    • The gums are not free of disease before the procedure.
    • Substandard equipment and implants are used.
    • The implants are not fitted in a sterile environment.
    You can get a new dental implant for around two to three thousand pounds, although prices can vary wildly from clinic to clinic. For the best chance of dental implant success, you really need to find an experienced prosthodontist who has in-depth knowledge and experience of fitting dental implants safely and effectively. Furthermore, if you wanted to ease the financial burden you could investigate getting a dental loan to spread the cost. Best of luck to you.
    Dental implant treatment in Kingston, London available 7 days a week. We also provide bone grafting, same day teeth and all on four dental implants.

Comment

Working...
    X