Twitter FaceBook
Special Offers!
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will I know is its not right?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will I know is its not right?

Just recently had the implant surgery to fit one dental implant into a gap that happened in a motor bike accident. It was not my fault but I just felt awful having a missing tooth so I am so jubilant to be getting this new tooth sorted out now. Anyhow, my concern is that the implant will not take and it will end up needing to be took out. I would very much like to know what signs I should be looking out for that will alert me to a problem in the early stages so I can get it monitored. I am scraed to death that it will fail and I will not see the signs. What should I be looking out for please? This is very important. Thank you.

Hello,
    Thank you for your post.
    It is understandable that you are concerned about the maintenance of your new dental implants. Following the treatment, it is important that you follow the care instructions and remain vigilant for any signs of failure or infection. The main three things that you need to look out for are:
    • Experiencing extreme pain or discomfort, especially around the implant itself.
    • If you notice swelling in the gums or they become red, inflamed, or sore.
    • If the implant begins to feel loose or wobbly.
    These are generally the early signs of dental implant failure and if you suspect that any of the above may be developing them it is important to seek dental advice immediately. Not all issues result in the implants being removed, especially if the problem is identified and addressed early enough. However, if you follow the oral care instructions from your dentist, refrain from smoking, keep the area clean, and attend regular check ups you should not have any problems.
    Dental implant treatment in Kingston, London available 7 days a week. We also provide bone grafting, same day teeth and all on four dental implants.

Comment

Working...
    X