Twitter FaceBook
Special Offers!
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crowned tooth suddenly in agony.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crowned tooth suddenly in agony.

Hello there. I am extremely worried about my crowned tooth right now. I would say that I have had the crown for at least a year. It did cause me problems at first but then settled down and since then was fine. Now though I am finding that there is a constant dull pain, and when I eat the pain intensifies to a very sharp stabby type of pain. I have been eating on the other side but I know there is a problem that seems to be escalating day by day. What could be the cause of this, and how can I get it fixed without losing my tooth if possible.
    From Lelli xx

Hello Lelli,
    Thank you for your post.
    If you have had a whole year where you have experienced no issues with your crown then it is likely that something has occurred recently that has compromised your crown in some way. Potentially, the crown could have sustained damage that has allowed debris and bacteria to penetrate underneath and cause infection in the remaining tooth. Alternatively, there could be some sort of infection in the gum surrounding the crown. To be fair there are a number of things that could be causing the issue which is purely speculation without a thorough examination. Due to the escalating nature of your toothache, it would be advisable to book an emergency appointment quickly to get this looked at and treated as soon as possible. Prompt treatment could be a deciding factor of whether the tooth is able to be saved. I would not worry about extraction just yet though as this would probably be quite extreme, however, if you leave the problem then this outcome could become more and more likely.
    Gum infections are managed by our emergency dentists 7 days a week in Kingston, London. To book an emergency appointment call us on 0203 750 5300.

Comment

Working...
    X