Twitter FaceBook
Special Offers!
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could this lump be an abscess?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could this lump be an abscess?

Hi there.
    Could you give me some advice on this lump I have found in my mouth please. It is just above one of my mollars and I think it could be an abscess. I am not sure because I have never had one but I think it could be. The lump is very painful and I am feeling quite poorly right now. I am going hot and cold and also noticed a disgusting taste in my mouth. The lump is hard but I carnt press down on it too hard because it is so painful. What do you think about the issue? Could I be right? If so how can I make it better?
    Thank you.

Hello,
    Thank you for your post.
    Your symptoms could very well be an abscess, it does sound like it from what you have described. Especially if you are also feeling generally unwell. Whether it is an abscess of not this will need prompt treatment, however, abscesses are serious and will need urgent intervention from your dentist. Abscesses form as the body's natural response to an infection that has been left untreated. When an abscess forms in the mouth a pus-filled sack develops that is tender to the touch and can cause very severe pain in and around the area. This is the body's way of trying to contain the infection in one place rather than letting it spread around the body and cause further damage. If an abscess is left untreated it can cause all sorts of complications within the body and can also make you extremely unwell. My advice is that you get yourself an emergency appointment today.
    Dental abscess, tooth abscess and teeth abscess management in Kingston, London by emergency dentist at pearl dental clinic, 365 days a year between 9am-10pm

Comment

Working...
    X