Twitter FaceBook
Special Offers!
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would I need for an emergency dental kit at home?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would I need for an emergency dental kit at home?

Trying to plan ahead and stock up with some basic essentials at home. Medi kit and all that. I also want to get a little dental emergency kit together in case anything happens. For the little one mainly but it couldn’t hurt to have it for me and my husband either. What should I buy to put in the stock, not sure what I need and I know me I will forget something no doubt. Want to be prepared for every eventuality and issue that could occur. Your advice will be much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Hello,
    Thank you for your post.
    It is a very good idea to have an emergency dental kit in the house in case there are any accidents that need prompt intervention while you make your way to the dentist. It is important to bear in mind that an emergency dental kit is not a replacement or alternative for going to the dentist, it is simply there to help matters along while you seek prompt professional help and treatment. In terms of an emergency kit they can be useful for all manner of dental emergencies such as a toothache, broken or damaged teeth or crowns, lost fillings, gum inflammation etc. Here is a list of possible
    • Over the counter painkillers to manage pain and discomfort. Never give aspirin to children under the age of twelve and always read labels and instructions.
    • Cotton wool to stem any bleeding that may occur.
    • Clove oil is a natural anaesthetic and can help to manage the pain of gum inflammation and toothache.
    • Dental floss to help remove debris from in between the teeth and gums.
    • Antiseptic mouthwash to help keep the mouth clean and bacteria free.
    • You may also wish to have some temporary dental glue to temporarily fix crowns or fillings. Although you must seek help as soon as possible even if you do use this method.
    Emergency dental kits available in Kingston, London for management of dental injuries. Book an emergency dentist appointment 7 days a week on 0203 750 5300.

Comment

Working...
    X