Twitter FaceBook
Special Offers!
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I likely to get swelling after Botox?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I likely to get swelling after Botox?

Hello there. Mixed emotions about my first ever Botox treatment. I am having that Azzalure which I am told will give the same effects as Botox. One thing I would really like to know is will this treatment cause any swelling to my face. Obviously I would like to avoid this side effect if possible. What is the likely hood of this happening? I am having the treatment on Friday but I have a party to attend on the Saturday night. Any bruising I can cover up with makeup but swelling would be a different kettle of fish wouldn’t it. Hope you can help. Thanks.

Hello,
    Thank you for your post.
    Usually, Botox treatment will cause minimum swelling or no swelling at all. It is common, however, to see redness around the injection sites but this is temporary and can disappear minutes or hours after the treatment is completed. If Botox has been administered to the eye area, then this can cause some bruising as the skin can be thinner around this delicate area. It is not a cert that this will happen though, and if it does it should subside quickly. In regard to your party invitation, I am afraid there is no sure-fire way of predicting how you will respond to the Botox, especially when it is your first treatment. It is likely that you will look fine for your event, however, you will need to play it by ear and see how you are after the treatment. You can help to minimise any potential swelling caused by placing a cold compress on the injected areas. Best of luck to you.
    Anti Ageing treatments, Facial Rejuvenation, botox, botox injections and dermal fillers by cosmetic dentists at Pearl Dental Clinic in Kingston, London.

Comment

Working...
    X