Twitter FaceBook
Special Offers!
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to I keep plaque at bay?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to I keep plaque at bay?

Dear Pearl Dental Clinic ---- Been reading a lot lately, especeshially about teeth. I know that plaque is bad and many articles have said the effects of plaque. What I am wanting to find out please is what I personallly can do to keep it off my teeth and protect them as much as possible. Are there any steps I should follow to get this horrible growth off my teeth. I do not like the idea of this, it makes me feel unclean. Thanks a lot and Best wishes.

Hello,
    Thank you for your post.
    Plaque is caused by harmful germs and bacteria that build up and stick to the teeth. This is most likely to happen if a person is not cleaning their teeth often enough or well enough. Plaque can also build up if mouthwash and dental floss are not used for the places where toothbrushes cannot reach. To help keep plaque at bay you can use the following guidance:
    1. Floss in between all the teeth to remove trapped debris and bacteria.
    2. Brush the teeth gently but thoroughly for around three minutes with a fluoride toothpaste.
    3. Clean the tongue with your toothbrush or a tongue scraper. Most of the bacteria in the mouth accumulate on the tongue.
    4. Rinse with mouthwash.
    5. Also, limiting the amount of sugary and acidic snacks and drinks you consume will also help keep plaque at bay.
    As well as these steps at home it is important for you to attend regular hygiene and dental appointments. Seeing your dentist will help to combat plaque, tartar, and decay, while seeing your hygienist can provide a deep clean as well as useful advice on how to keep the teeth, gums, and mouth healthy. Best of luck to you.
    Dental Hygiene & hygienist teeth stain removal treatment in Kingston, London. Available 7 days a week from 9am to 10pm. To book call 0208 547 9997.

Comment

Working...
    X