Twitter FaceBook
Special Offers!
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Refinement needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refinement needed

When I first investigated the idea of Invisalign braces I was faced with the choice of having the treatment that included refinement or the slightly cheaper option that did not have it. I was pretty tight on money so went for the the none refinement option. Now my treatment is complete I think I have made a mistake. It was three months ago that I completed with the previous orthodontist and I have been wearing my retainer as they told me to. Would I be able to approach an orthodontist to ask for refinement even though I finished my treatment months ago. I think they could look better with a bit of tweaking. Cheers.

Hello,
    Thank you for your post.
    I see no reason why you could not approach a new orthodontist and request refinement treatment. Obviously, you will need to pay for this as it will not be provided free of charge. Refinements require new moulds to be taken to plan a new course of treatment to tweak the teeth into a more desirable position. Patients find themselves needing refinement if the teeth do not move exactly as the Clincheck software and the orthodontist had planned. In some cases, the teeth are not quite as predictable as the orthodontist would hope. In my opinion, it would make sense to go back to the original orthodontist that treated you and request refinement from them. They are familiar with your case and may even give you a discount because you had the original treatment with them. Unless there is a reason why you cannot or do not want to go back there of course, but otherwise this would be the ideal scenario.
    Invisalign, Invisalign i7 and Invisalign Lite available 7 days a week in Kingston, London. To book a free Invisalign consultation call 0203 750 5300.

Comment

Working...
    X