Pearl Dental Clinic on Foursquare Pearl Dental Clinic Facebook Page Pearl Dental Clinic Twitter Page Pearl Dental Clinic Google+ Page
Special Offers!
5 Vale Parade, Kingston Vale, London SW15 3PS
Open 7 days a week from 8am to 11pm
0208 547 9997
Free Cosmetic Consultation Up to 3 Year 0% Finance
E-Mail Us
Please fill in all fields
Your message has been sent successfully!
Online Booking
Next Page :
»
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does the pain last after a root canal?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does the pain last after a root canal?

Hello

I had severe toothache for several days and could not sleep for three nights and my dentist said that i actually need root canal treatment and started root canal treatment on my back molar tooth.

After he did the treatment and the anaesthetic wore off, I noticed that the tooth pain came back and its like its no better than before the treatment was started. My dentist has planned to do stage two of this root canal next week and I due to go back for a 2 hour appointment so that he can do that stage of treatment.

However, I thought that with root canal treatment the pain was supposed to stop but now 2 days after the treatment was started I am still in pain. Is it possible that the root canal treatment has not worked? How long does it take for the toothache to stop after root canal treatment is started?

Thank you for your help.

How long does the pain last after a root canal?

Thank you for your question.

After root canal stage 1, usually there is an improvement in symptoms experienced by patients. However its not unusual for the symptoms to take a few days to fully settle.

I would recommend that you go back to see your own dentist to have your tooth checked again if the pain does not settle down. It may be that the root canals need to be cleaned again and medication placed into the canals.

Comment

pain after root canal

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. Had root canal yesterday and woke up this early morning with the same toothache if not slightly worse.

Did this clear up for you?

Thanks

Comment

how long does the pain last after a root canal

root canal pain does not always settle immediately and can sometimes take a few days before it settles down. We usually recommend Non-steroidal anti inflammatories such as Ibuprofen to help with the pain after root canal treatment.

Comment

I am inclined to think that the pain should be getting better by now so I think there is an issue that needs addressing. Because the pain is still there after the second attempt though I would expect extraction to now be a real possibility as root canal treatment may not be working.

Comment

Working...
          X