Twitter FaceBook
Special Offers!
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could this be leading to a root canal.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could this be leading to a root canal.

I have had this very horrible taste in my mouth for a while now and have not been able to pinpoint why. Anyways the other day something felt not quite right with my tooth so I decided to floss for the first time in ages. During doing so this black piece of who knows what came out from between my tooth and I cannot express how digusting it smelt. Wow. It was horrible!!! I have no idea how long that had been stuck up there but from the smell of it its been a while. Because this thing has potentially been rotting there for some time I am now concerned that it might have caused infection in the tooth and I might need a root canal. Probably just jumping to conclusions here but would like further advice please.
    Many thanks.

Hello,
    Thank you for your post.
    Infection certainly can cause the mouth to taste unpleasant, however, there are other things that could do this as well, such as food or debris being trapped in between teeth, or you are suffering from halitosis etc. It sounds like you have had something trapped up in between your teeth for some time and it has started to decay. This could have potentially caused decay to develop, however, that does not mean that it has penetrated into the root. It is not impossible that you could need a root canal, but at this stage, it is very difficult to give a definitive answer without looking at the issue in person. If decay has caused the root to become exposed then you certainly will need one, but for now, I would put that to the back of your mind until the dentist has looked at it and given you some feedback. Chances are that it will not have gone that far and a simple filling will be all that is needed.
    Tooth decay and dental decay prevention and management in Kingston, London. To book a dentist appointment call 0203 750 5300. Open 7 days a week 9am-10pm.

Comment

Working...
    X