Twitter FaceBook
Special Offers!
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there needle free options?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there needle free options?

I am wanting to attend my dentist to get a number of issues sorted after a long period of time avoiding the dentist. I kidded myself for a long time that my dental health was fine and that there was no need to worry. It is apparent now that I must get help if I want to save my teeth from extinction. The problem lies not in the actuall treatment but in the methods of preparation for the treatment. I am very afraid of needles of any kind and this is the barrier to me getting the help I need. I confided in a friend recently, as I never talk about this usually. He said that technology has advanced massively and that my dentist may now offer other solutions to needles. If this true? This could really make all the difference to me. It really could. Thanking you.

Hello,
    Thank you for your post.
    You will be pleased to know that dentistry has developed a lot over recent years and more and more clinics are now adapting painless techniques to help support patients who suffer from phobias. The painless injection is now available in many clinics and offers a different way of delivering anaesthetic. This method uses a technique called wand dentistry and it delivers the numbing agent via a pen-like device that causes no bee sting effect like traditional needle and syringes do.

If you are solely concerned about the needle element of the treatment, then this could be the answer to your issue. If you have not attended a dentist in a long while, then it is likely you will need to re-register. It would make sense to register with a local dentist who has the painless injection system available and is trained to help patients with phobias such as yours. Best of luck to you.
    Painless dental injections used for anxious dental patients in Kingston, London. Available 7 days a week by calling our reception team on 0208 547 9997.

Comment

Working...
    X