Twitter FaceBook
Special Offers!
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to expect from this sedation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to expect from this sedation?

Hello and thank you for reading
    Never ever had sedation before. Never even had an anaesthetic. Not sure how I have got away with I for this long but hey ho. I need some treatment at the dentist and I have chosen to go for the sedation so that I can feel more relaxed. Because I have never had these things before it feels like a really big deal and I am too scared to go through with it without some thing to relax me. I am unsure what to expect for the sedation. What is it like?
    Many thanls.

Hello,
    Thank you for your post.
    Most patients tend to find that they feel very sleepy and relaxed with very little, if any, knowledge what is taking place. They feel no pain and no sense of time or place. Even though patients are awake they can often feel like they are dreaming or napping. Some people, when they come around from the sedation, feel like they have woken up from a long sleep. It is unlikely that a patient will remember any of the treatment afterward either. The vast majority of people are extremely happy with the process and find that it the most stress-free way of getting dental treatment. Your clinic should provide you with a fact sheet or booklet and instructions prior to the sedation so you know what you need to do beforehand and what to expect during and after. You must be accompanied home by an adult after the treatment.
    Dental sedation, dentist sedation, IV sedation and dental sedation provided for nervous and phobic dental patients in Kingston, London. Call 0208 547 9997.

Comment

Working...
    X