Twitter FaceBook
Special Offers!
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why has my dentist said no?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why has my dentist said no?

I am posting to the forum because I am so disappointed that my dentist has said that I cannot get teeth whitening. She was just about to explain to me the reason when a dental emergency patient came in and she had to leave to help. I do understand this because apparently the person that came in was in such a bad way. I am not mad about that. But I am annoyed that I cannot have it as I wanted it so much. I had saved up the money for months. I wanted it done at the dentist because I know its better but now I am not allowed I am thinking that I should try out a shop bought one instead and just do it myself. Might not be as good but its still got to be better than nothing right.
    Whats your point of view on this? Why has the dentist said this?
    Take care. Thanks.

Hello,
    Thank you for your post.
    A dental emergency does need to take priority so it is good that you were understanding that your dentist needed to leave your appointment early. It is likely that your dentist has said no to performing the procedure because it is not in your best interests to have your teeth whitened. There are actually quite a few reasons why someone would not be a suitable candidate for teeth whitening. These are as follows:
    • If the teeth have worn enamel.
    • Gum disease is present.
    • A woman is Pregnant or breast feeding.
    • If the teeth are very sensitive.
    • If you have other restorations, such as crowns, veneers etc. as these will not bleach and then will look out of place.
    • If the teeth have cavities.
    I would strongly discourage you from performing your own teeth whitening as this could severely damage your teeth. If your dentist has advised you not to do it then you really should take that advice. However, if you would like to know the specific reason, seeing as you did not get the chance to speak with your dentist, then why not give the surgery a call and ask for some feedback over the phone.
    Management of sensitive teeth in Kingston, London by our experienced dentists at Pearl dental clinic. Available 7 days a week 9am-10pm. Call 0203 750 5300.

Comment

Working...
    X