Twitter FaceBook
Special Offers!
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does whitening help improve your breath?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does whitening help improve your breath?

My teeth are in need of a little TLC. They are not as white as they used to be and also I am finding that my breath is not as fresh as it once was. This could be because of the build up of stains on my teeth could it not? I figure if I get teeth whitening then that could in trn help freshen my breath too. Am I right in this train of thought or not. Its no secret that they do need whitening but it would be nice to gain the extra benefit from it as well. What ya think?
    XX

Hello,
    Thank you for your post.
    It is always recommended that the teeth are professionally cleaned before whitening takes place. This is to ensure that the teeth are free from tartar or plaque build-up as this can jeopardise the final outcome. So in terms of this element of the process then yes this can help to freshen your breath because it will remove bacteria from the mouth that can cause odours. However, the actual whitening procedure alone will not have any effect on your breath at that time or in the future. If you are worried about the smell of your breath then a hygienist is the best person to book in to see. They can give your mouth a deep clean, give you tips on how to keep your breath fresh, and also investigate any possible underlying causes of this issue. Bad breath can be caused by other, more serious issues, such as gum disease, abscesses, halitosis, and infections. It is best to get this investigated as soon as possible to rule out anything more sinister.
    Dental Hygiene & hygienist teeth stain removal treatment in Kingston, London. Available 7 days a week from 9am to 10pm. To book call 0208 547 9997.

Comment

Working...
    X