Twitter FaceBook
Special Offers!
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whitening for painful teeth???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitening for painful teeth???

Is there anything I can do to whiten my teeth when I do suffer from sensitive pain. My teeth started being sensitive about ten years ago after I used this whitening tooth paste. I am sure that it somehow damaged my teeth because I never had this problem before using the product. My teeth are such an off white, I would so like to make them whiter without making my sensitive pain worse. I know that whitening can make the teeth hurt but if there is some way of having a special treatment to take this problem into account I would be over the moon to tell you the truth. What do you reckon on this topic? Is it at all possible? Ta x

Hello,
    Thank you for your post.
    First of all, has your dentist investigated the sensitivity issues you are experiencing? This should be your first port of call as your dentist may be able to offer recommendations or treatment such as a desensitising sealants and care products. In terms of teeth whitening it is possible for some patients with sensitive teeth to have whitening procedures, however, it will depend on the severity and the individual circumstances. A dentist will want to be sure that whitening is not going to exacerbate the issue further. If you are deemed as okay to have the treatment, then your dentist may recommend that you use a desensitising toothpaste and mouthwash for at least two weeks prior to having the treatment. If you book in for an appointment you will be able to find out whether you are a good candidate of not. Best of luck to you.
    Management of sensitive teeth in Kingston, London by our experienced dentists at Pearl dental clinic. Available 7 days a week 9am-10pm. Call 0203 750 5300.

Comment

Working...
    X